Re: Let us pray.

En el artículo , RJH escribió:

I don't think that's far wrong. Not lose, but destabilise, and blame >everything on the weird mandate that'll come from this election. It's >difficult to explain the 'dementia tax' in any other way.

I agree. The pic is meant to be humorous but is also close to the truth. May cynically called this election expecting to win a landslide, increasing the Tories' majority which would have given her a mandate to force through all sorts of unpopular legislation as well as claiming she had a strong mandate to do what she liked at the Brexit negotiating table.

Instead, she's going to end up with egg on her face, a reduced majority (she'll still get back in). Bang goes her mandate for unpopular polices and a vastly weakened negotiating position at Brexit. We'll have a lame duck PM and a weak govt for the foreseeable. The pound will plummet and the Euro-vampires will be licking their chops.

Nothing good is gong to come of this. It's bad for Britain and bad for everyone.

I'll be tactically voting:

or

Mike Tomlinson

You jest? I've not heard anywhere that she's had a good campaign and Corbyn a bad one.

My guess is she'll get back in, but with nothing like the big majority she was hoping for. And that is entirely down to a bad campaign.

Only other party that had a bad campaign is UKIP. Without Farage, they are nothing. At least one bit of good news.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think he meant she's done everything in her power to lose on purpose.

We hope that she fails to get the 'mandate' she asked for, but if she has a majority of only one she will still claim victory and a mandate.

Can we dare to hope for a hung parliament?

It has been a constant ray of sunshine, the UKIP farce.

TW

Reply to
TimW

OH Henny Penny,and the sky will fall in.

Reply to
FMurtz

Corbyn's campaign was a brilliant effort in promising all the things that people want but can't afford to have without bankrupting the country. Lots of suckers fell for it! It;s just as believable as a Nigerian phishing letter.

Reply to
Capitol

Sorry Dave, I was referring to Mike Tomlinson's post, which included this graphic:

I found myself particularly supporting point 3, which I should have made clearer....

Reply to
GMM

En el artículo , GMM escribió:

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

He was up against May's manifesto which promised all the things that nobody wanted (except Dacre and Murdoch). I'm sure she was trying to lose, and she almost failed at that!

Reply to
Bob Martin

Atleast May has the support of her favourite newspaper?

GMM