The earlier pic project possibly SOLVED

and for not a lot...

Counts up from zero, has a count reset button, measures the water which has flowed, to one tenth of a litre.

It is not designed for the display to be remotely mounted, but I suspect it can be adapted to do so. If not the pipes can be lead to where it can be seen, full flow for the hose and its cheap as chips.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I sincerely hope that you're *not* proposing to use lead pipes!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Got to be better than metal probes in the water, with a voltage across them lol

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well, that occurred to me.

So I decided to use a sense current of about 0.1mA

In order to test the water thing, I stuck two of the stainless probes in glass of water and ran it at 10mA (100x) for a few hours.

The water did get a slight brown tinge so I guess some iron came out.

Being a proper mad scientist I drank the water!

Anyway, no ill effects so I declared 100 times less current in about 100 times as much water would be more than safe.

Reply to
Tim Watts

A small amount of FE is maybe not so bad, but the chromium in the SS maybe would not be so healthy.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

You should use food grade SS for such things. :)

after just how long, don't forget how long lead and mercury poisoning takes to show. You could end up standing for UKIP in a few years ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

This was in 1978 or so - getting SS rod was bloody hard as it was! We did not get picky as to what grade...

Reply to
Tim Watts

En el artículo , Harry Bloomfield escribió:

*whoosh*

hint: led to, lead to...

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson