re-ignite worcester 350 combi boiler

Take it out and wander into a shop, first. If it's 6x19x6, it's standard.

But usually the postage on a single bearing is more than the price of the bearing. And then there is a bewildering array of options as to covers and seals (open, steel, rubber and steel, plastic, one side or both), greased or dry, or loose so it's just right when pressed in an interference fit, and from several suppliers...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Ah, could be that. It's in a 22mm recess, with a rubber sleeve around it to pack it out (and possibly to reduce vibration). I'll have to take the pump apart again to measure it accurately. I measured the shaft and recess accurately because that was critical for the replacement axial shaft seal.

This one is enclosed with steel on both sides, and a sliding fit on the shaft. I presume it would have been greased, but it got washed through with dishwasher detergent and started rusting. I washed out the water, rust and other muck with WD40, dried, and then oiled with engine oil, as that's all I could get through the cracks in the side. Actually, it amazes me that it now works as well as it does. I suspect I caught it pretty quickly after the leak started.

I was even more amazed that I managed to track down a replacement shaft seal, and it is exactly the same manufacturer and part as the original.

Dishwasher was bought 12 years ago. It's a no-name (this one is marked Homark, but it was available under many different names. The pump was manufactured by FIME (Italy), who don't make water pumps anymore and have been bought by someone else. I got the shaft seal out, and it was marked Corteco. Contacted Corteco, who said they didn't make it; their name was used as a trade name by CFW. They put me in touch with Barnwell Services. They were very helpful, and searched their stock for it, and found one. The part is used in some Indesit appliances, so we're guessing that the dishwasher was manufactured by Indesit as an OEM model, or it could be that Indesit also used pumps from FIME. Barnfield seemed quite keen to get details from me of what it was used in, so I guess they try and keep some records.

Anyway, with the shaft seal replaced, and some other O-rings which I had to distrub for good measure, and the bearing cleaned as much as I can, it's working again.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

So near and yet so far - standard fan bearings are 19mm o/d

Reply to
geoff

In message , Thomas Prufer writes

If they are, drop me a line - I have about 5000 of them (high speed, sealed, the best)

snipped-for-privacy@cetltd.com

Reply to
geoff

Maxie it make it last longer. And Maxie, is it also worth regreasing bearing that are not worn to promote quietness and longevity?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, is this your final take on regreasing?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

How dare this Dennis man say that about Maxie!! I am shocked!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel