Re: Get off the air..

sorry wrong group

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

What a very very odd post to come from you. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I'm an odd person ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Indeed. As one of the least caring posters here with no respect for USENET ?rules?, he?s hardly in a position to preach.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You aren't sorry and most of your posts here are to the wrong group (as judged by content).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Of course he is, not having the right or respect doesn't impact that sort of troll.

It's also all the hypocrisy, like he CBA to use capitals, till he posts to the wrong newsgroup it seems?

And it seems like it's run out of dots at last!

Nope, it's just one, sad, pathetic troll who enjoys the attention, whatever form.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

no they are not ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

No I'm not ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...
<snip>

Of course you are. We ask you to respect others and net-etiquette here and you say you CBA.

I ask you to use capitals where relevant and you say you CBA, and then you do so twice in 3 small words, and some real punctuation.

Why did you *bother* to do that?

See, you are either a troll, or in some way lacking in education and the ability to accept advice here ... or control yourself?

I think you are sad and desperate for attention and so will do whatever it takes, gambling on getting that attention rather than being killfiled.

What if you didn't have yer fellow RA troll-buddies (and you make me embarrassed on behalf all the normal / good RA's, even as a lowly G7 myself) responding to you here (cross posted or directly), and everone else ignored you, would you really just talk to yourself (more)?

Just grow up FFS.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

And you are a sad, lonely, CB'er troll, that is the only explanation.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I'm of the opinion that there many things worse in this world than sore headed radio hams, and a bit like here we ignore the rubbish and move on. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I never tried (Dad was a master mariner and so was highly proficient in Morse so reason why I couldn't) and only took my ticket to be able to go on Packet on 2m/70cms <> GB7HSN.

<snip troll bs>

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

But can manage capitals again I see. Well done troll!

Nope, I don't suppose you have troll. Much more fun to just dead-key and splash your pollution across loads of bands to pi$$ people off eh (troll).

It was very important pre cheap access to the Internet and another demonstration of people cooperating to a bigger goal. Again, not something you would be interested in, eh troll. However, we now have NPR (New Packet Radio) so the concept is still very alive (as is the old Packet stuff in many places).

I think you will find you have demonstrated here you are *way* less intelligent than the BSX TNC I built.

Aww bless. Jealous because you don't know who yours is .....

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Just a bit of fun for you. You *enjoy* annoying other people for your fun?

You really are one sad / sick troll.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Better lat than never eh.

But the devil is in the detail.

And so you should. I mark them OT when they are (and often when they aren't, now days) and try to spell and punctuate them properly. I also try to snip anything I'm not replying to. Not because doing any of that is easy, but because it's respectful and what we are all supposed to do.

We will see. The best way to prove you are is to abide by the standard netiquette.

Please do, then at least all the other stuff (case, content, punctuation) can be ignored as well. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 11:00:14 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote: <snip>

It's not me, it's everone here who follows the general guidance for the benefit of everyone.

See, if you insist on using this place like your personal blog, there is little anyone can do about that but at least you can give the chance to those who only come here for d-i-y related stuff to not see that without having to actively ignore it or killfile you completely.

Now, I don't think you actually want to be killfiled by everyone and so it would seem to make sense that you use the OT prefix and then you might actually be read by more people, if / when you do post d-i-y related questions.

Like, I just posted a question on bread I'm trying to make myself but marked it OT as it's not strictly the sort of d-i-y this group is supposed to be about.

That hasn't stopped me receiving many very interesting and helpful replies, but at least I gave people the choice and showed some respect for the group (before we lose it to the RA trolls completely). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Says a troll who banged on for years about brexit.

-
Reply to
GB
<snip>

Along with all the others who did the same I'm guessing?

And people I respect asked me nicely to 'stop bothering' and I did.

But find a single Brexit related thread I started without an OT: (If I started any at all) or one that was just a load of dots and no capitalisation, not actually part of a *discussion* and unsnipped?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m