DIY haircut machine....

This we need to see...

Reply to
Jimk

When SWAMBO started chemo we bought a trimmer so I could her the once-all-over rather than go through the tufty look as she was losing her hair. She is now offering to return the favour and trim mine which has gone rather bouffant. Despite the machine coming with several combs to prevent cutting too much i am still filled with trepidation at the prospect she has not got a good reputation when it comes to powered devices.?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

get a flowbee or a robocut...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

It will re-grow, whatever the result, and who's going to see it before then?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Probably more controllable than an angle grinder.

A long time ago I gave up with a "hair stlye" and just went to the barber for a number two all over with a get totally rid of the small amount of hair on the top.

At the start of the lockdown I purchased a hair trimmer with a variable setting for hair length 1mm to 25mm and have successfully used it by myself to trim my hair, Even with the comb section it appears to cut a few mm shorter than the setting suggests so I would recommend first trying a longer setting.

Reply to
alan_m

alan_m

not that type....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Am I the only one here who still possesses a Comet Four in One Safety Hair Cutter?

Reply to
Bert Coules

No. I've been wondering about getting it ready for action again. Mind you, when I last used it umpteen decades ago it could only do two types of cut - too long and too short. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Get ready for the "can you move your head it's in the wrong place" comment

Then she will ask you to lean your head forward and after doing so she will then then tell you it's at the wrong angle.

Reply to
ARW

I tried it out on the wife, but it made her lips vibrate like a reed....terrible noise.

Reply to
John

but such a pleasant feeling ;-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I use hairdressers scissors and the beard trimmer from a shaver and cut my own hair, as you can then at least layer it and follow the lines around the head with your fingers. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

Well she has done it! A bit uneven on top but most importantly no bald patches.? Don?t know what my barber will make of it once we come out of lockdown but hey ho.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

To achieve that, my assistant would have to glue some of it back again. ;-)

Pity it doesn't work like setting the mower to "mulch".

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon