Re: DIY surgery ...

Permanent? Not likely. Pushing that lump back through the weak bit of the abdominal wall, doesn't cure the weakness.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I had an umbilical hernia years ago and nothing worked! Not until a surgeon sewed it up with something very strong.

Reply to
Bob Eager

But with an INCISIONAL hernia, it may well heal over time.

Reply to
Jac Brown

Unfortunately these things are often a problem which comes with aging tissues. Often they do not hurt or do much harm but if they do, then surgery is the only recourse. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

well it was the liver transplant that gave me these two...they line up nicely with the scars....tee hee

Reply to
Dozy Jim ...

Although it probably helps it not to get worse.

Reply to
Tim Watts

What is the point of asking for opinions/anecdotes when you only listen to the one that agrees with you not the ones that 'say' nay?

Reply to
soup

Would help avoid strangulation, which can be deadly.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I had a double hernia op. Bit of fibreglass cloth pulled from one keyhole to another IIRC.

Worked

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Presumably they finished off with your favourite solution to almost everything - car body filler :-)

Reply to
Chris Hogg

No that's my second favourite solution

They finishe off with my favourite one.