Re: Cutting Corolux

The Corolux web site just says helpfully "use a fine toothed saw at a

> shallow angle", not a lot of help that really. > > How should one cut corrugated Corolux? I'd really prefer a way of > doing it with a power saw but am happy enough to use a hand saw if > necessary. > > -- > Chris Green

I used two bits of wood either side of the sheet to clamp it and keep the sheet still and the cut straight. I used a tenon saw to actually cut with.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

This was corrugated Corolux was it? (maybe all Corolux is corrugated) I suppose the tenon saw has to be used "at a shallow angle" of its nature because the stiffening bit along the back (which I'm sure has a special name) won't go into the slot you're cutting.

If a tenon saw is "a fine toothed saw" by Corolux standards (I was thinking hacksaw sort of fineness) then I see no problems, I'll try your way and see how I go.

Thanks.

Reply to
usenet

Just support it on a sawing horse and cut gently with a panel saw, don't "push it" and it will be fine.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built