Re: Can't post a thread?

I tried to post a thread a few day's ago but it was sent off to be

> viewed by a mod with it being my first thread. I've not seen it appear > so using this as a "tester" to see if I can post yet!

Why do you want to post via somewhere else when you can post direct without any so called moderators?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This is not a moderated newsgroup so I think you are mistaken.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

He's posting via diybanter.com, who are probably harvesting posters details to sell to their advertisers to pay for the web interface. That's why you need to register with them to post to the newsgroups they cover.

Reply to
John Williamson

Hows about everyone personally emailing the advertisers and telling them that you will refuse to buy anything from them as long as they advertise on diybanter ?

Reply to
geoff

It looks like they are using google ads anyway - so there will be no direct relationship between the advertisers and the sites that show them anyway.

Reply to
John Rumm