RE: ADSL wireless router

As a follow-up, after my tp-link ADSL wireless router (TD-W8961ND) failed I had replaced it with a netgear router (DGN2200). The netgear one was hopel ess - kept losing connection and when it did it would not automatically rec onnect. The web interface was terribly programmed and the ASDL connection s tatus did not always match in the basic and advanced screens (even after a refresh), and also the connect button did not work, you had to reboot the d evice. The web-based firmware update would not work either, so I returned i t to Currys/PC World.

So I am back with a TP-link but a newer model, TD-W8970. This unit has had good reviews, and it appears to have a good web interface from what I have seen so far. Page auto-refresh is quick and it has a lot more functionality than either previous routers.

I hope this one will last more than a year! I've kept the old TP-link but i f I've not had time to examine it (and it's power supply) within a year I'l l probably chuck it out.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Worth contacting NetGear support if you have NetGear 'Blue' professional kit ...it should work fine.

Reply to
rick