Rayburn efficiency?

Well said, Andy, everything.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It isn't, but that's what posters (who I've stopped wasting my life reading) have been doing all through this thread, without providing any sensible evidence.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well Owain.. I don't actually know any haggis-hunters.. I thought you might know:) Don't they do much of that over by the Thistle Centre?:)

Reply to
Ophelia

Reply to
Ophelia

Reply to
Ophelia

The number of fires involving Agas is greater than would be expected from the number in use, that isn't an opinion but a fact.

I can't comment on your ineptitude, the many hundreds of cooker fires I have started were all done deliberately.

Seems to manage somehow.

A sleeve?

I'm sure you do.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Half the energy requirement of the gas one and under a half the cost of an oil one

Reply to
Peter Parry

On the pop again?

Reply to
Peter Parry

Of course, I once used to visit a shirt maker in Belfast, at the end of their line identical shirts got put into one of three baskets at random. One went to have a well known designers label sewn in, one had a well known clothing stores label sewn in and one had a generic label sewn in. These identical shirts sold for GBP120, GBP40 and GBP10 respectively (the manufacture got GBP4 for each no matter what the label. I'm sure each of the purchasers felt they got value for their money because their criteria were different no matter that the product was identical.

I'm not, I have never underestimated human irrationality.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Interesting anecdote, but not applicable since your comparison with respect to cookers is between apples and pears.

With that in mind, and considering that these things are relative, what makes you think that you are rational and others are not?

Reply to
Andy Hall

No I am not, they are all mediocre. Some users may have found their mediocrity to be acceptable and that their style statement or social cachet is more important; it doesn't alter the fact that they are not very good all round cookers.

More recent? The damn thing was last updated about twenty years ago. It still uses the same mechanical thermostat control it did in 1970.

You might not, even on your figures others might feel differently. However you have singularly failed to explain why your figures are so much at variance with the manufacturers ones. The "well they are nice people and don't want to upset people" excuse really is pretty lame.

If you want to cook using pound notes as fuel that's entirely up to you. Don't expect to be believed when you claim its really economical though.

I haven't - I've used the figures issued by the manufacturer who told me they were derived from many test measurements on many ovens and accurate in respect of all models including the "modern" gas one.

True, if I was to believe that all the manufacturers data is wrong and your single example is the only one that is right.

Are you seriously suggesting that they would deliberately chose an atypical pattern of use to worsen their stated figures? Don't you think there is at least a slight possibility that the manufacturer knows a bit more about the subject than you do? Quite possibly the way you do (or don't) use your cooker achieves better results, if so isn't it more likely that it is your usage that is unusual?

Reply to
Peter Parry

In the meantime, are your hens laying, Andy?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hot box to heat food?

Experience.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Bicycle and milk float will both get you from A to B?

Ah.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Only by your definition.

Based only on your definition.

So what? It works perfectly effectively.

As I have repeatedly said; I can only explain my measurements.

Aga quote "typical" figures. They don't say how they arrived at them.

I really don't care. For the umpteenth time, I know what I have measured and I know the costings that I get that result from it.

All that I have said is what I measured. I have no idea how the manufacturer arrived at their "typical" figures, and neither have you.

I have no idea what they do to make their "typical" measurements and I don't really care.

I'm sure they do, but it isn't relevant and doesn't negate the figures that I measured.

Cooking between 1 and 3 meals per day from basic ingredients does not strike me as unusual.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Its far too complex for most people.

More good food is riuined by lack of having a schedule, than good food is concocted by createive use of ingredients.

Nouveau Wanker then.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Excuse me, who mentioned water heating?

I am talking about calories (fuel) in and heat (out) to the room.

Less heat goes up the stack on an aga than on an average boiler - thats all.

You will be telling me next that an electriceater is 0% efficient because it doesn't heat water at all.

Your other aname isn't Drivel is it?

Get the two oven aga then. You don't need 6 ovens...

Neither are most things people fill their houses with.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thats a bit like saying that if all you want is a splash of color on the wall,£80,0000 for a Tissot is a waste of money.

Agas are not JUST cookers. They are heaters of a certain character as well.

It is simply ridiculous to compare running costs with a gas cooker.

Lets say that its cheaper to heast your house with an aga than a wet radiotor ans see what you think about that...

6500 is a fair price for an installed CH sytem let alone adding a cooker on teh price :-)
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So you think that e.g a baby belling is exactly the same product as an Aga?

Hmm.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed, that is consistent with my experience..BUT my heating costs with a wet central heating system are about 50% more than that just for the winter...in spring and autumn the aga does that job.

well we don't all live in pokey little hovels with the doors shut up tight so we can smell our own farts.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher