Rawlplug Uno Plugs

FYI

Been using these for a few weeks now with great success.

says; "Universal plug for fixing into any wall, ceiling or floor. For use in concrete, stone, plasterboard, brick and blockwork. Unique design with expansion throughout the length of the plug. Expands at the top giving instant grip. Anti-rotation features prevent spinning in the hole".

They do just what they say they do. I've found them excellent for block, dot & dab, plasterboard or solid walls.

They are going to be my standard plug as soon as I've used up existing stock.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> Blurb says;

Do you find that the effectiveness of the plug is related to the type of screw used. The old type of wood screws being better as the root of the thread is tapered and this forces open the plug. Modern screws tend to cut a thread into the plug and they don't force them open as effectively.

Reply to
John

Just saw these alongside red Fischer equivalents. (What? Fischer plugs that are not grey!!!) Only a few pence difference (100 Fischer plugs vs

96 Rawl) - around £2 each. Given such similarity, would you still choose Rawl over Fischer?
Reply to
Rod

Rod wrote: > The Medway Handyman wrote: >> FYI >>

Which Fischer ones are you talking about? Link?

I like the Rawl ones because thay have a lip that stops the plug going into the hole.

-- Dave - The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman

>>> Blurb says;

I use Twinfast screws from SF. I find they work really well in plugs.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I saw them in a *real* shop!

I think this is them (or should that be "these are they"?):

Reply to
Rod

What! Out there in the real world?

appear to be standard plugs e.g. just for solid walls. Uno or universal plugs work in block, dot & dab, plasterboard or solid walls.

The Fischer universal are good, but don't have a lip

cost a bit more. Cost isn't the deciding factor mind, but if two things both work as well I'll buy the cheapest.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman