Plaster - how to drill?

Hi We have concrete walls that have been plastered over - its only a thin layer of plaster to make the wall smooth enough to paint over

question - if i want to put in all the screws that the plasterer took out do i need to approach it any differently with regards to wall plugs and screws?

IIRC some types of walls require special wall plugs if they are not made of concrete/brick....?

I dont wnat to start drilling the wall and having the layer of plaster crack

Reply to
mo

Concrete walls? Are you sure? Where do you live - in a WW2 bunker?

If they truly are concrete a normal hammer drill wont touch them, you will need SDS.

Cant see why.

Hollow walls do, if in doubt use Fischer universal plugs that work in everything (they really do)

I dont wnat to start drilling the wall and having the layer of

Why should it?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman