Rattling door

Hi,

Can someone please recommend an easy way of stopping a door rattling when closed?

As I am going to replace the door later this year I don't want to spend a lot of time on this at present.

I would move the striking plate/receiver if I could work out a good way of doing this as the new/old screw holes would overlap.

Cheers, M

Reply to
Mark

Stick a piece of rubber, draught sealer, etc. to the top or bottom of the door stop, so that when the door is closed it's pulled up against the stop/rubber better.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Lidl (Or was it Aldi?) were doing packs of assorted felt feet for about a quid.

Stick a couple of suitably sized ones top and bottom.

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Remove the old screws, glue in matchsticks/cocktail sticks or similar. Let that dry for an hour or so, trim off & drill new pilot holes.

Or how about foam rubber draught excluder?

Dave

Reply to
david lang