raising floor level

Hi, I need to raise the floor level over a cellar to match the concrete floors of the rest of the house. Current floor is regular floor boards on joists and needs to be raised approx 70mm.

I am thinking 50 mm celotex boards on top of current floor boards, then

18 mm t&g chipboard flooring, with no overlapping joists. The final floor covering will be 19mm hard wood flooring.

Any tips or advice gratefully received.

Thank you

Reply to
nafuk

That would work. The "new" floor is fully supported by the old, which I assume is in good condition.

I'd use sprayfoam to join the celotex, and fill any gaps round the edge.

Rick

Reply to
Rick