re gas cooker installation.

Don't mess with it. There is a lot more invoved than you may think.

Reply to
fred

Yes, very helpful....

The mecahnics of moving the pipe etc are actually pretty straight forward. As long as you can make a decent soldered or compression joint, and know how to test for leaks there is not that much to it. There is plenty of informaion in the gas fitting FAQ.

With cookers, there are other requirements for adequate ventilation (since they are flueless) and also a minimum volume limit for the room. Although if this is a like for like swap in a room that was previously suitable for use with a cooker, chances are it still is.

You should also ensure any anti tilt brackets or chains are correctly fitted.

Reply to
John Rumm

It's just a troll with a similar nic to mine, pls ignore it and it will go back to its homework eventually.

Reply to
fred

With the #1 Fuckwit's Postings

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

What are they all about? I've never had a cooker tilt or fall over, or ever heard of one doing so. How on earth can a cooker fall forwards?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Child climbing up it, or someone leaning or falling against open oven door. It's been a requirement for very many years that a free standing cooker includes something to prevent it toppling. (A solid iron gas pipe connection also used to be an acceptable way.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The main risk is falling or stepping on an open oven door. It could easily be enough leverage even for someone relatively light and small to topple a pan of something boiling onto them.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks John & Andrew. That had never occurred to me - we have only ever had ovens with doors that open sideways.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Same risks...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I can see how a chain might prevent a cooker toppling and breaking a gas connection. But I cannot see how a slack length of chain will prevent a pan sliding off.

Reply to
DJC

Moral of the story, make sure it is not too slack! (I prefer the L brackets myself)

Reply to
John Rumm