Radio controlled clock an hour fast

Have a look at 'Debates on reform' at

When they pulled the plug on your benefits.

Corse that isn't true of fools like Farage eh ?

Reply to
Phucker fucker

They don't but, like a good number of Scots, they tend to exercise their vocal chords quite vigorously.

Devolution, referendum anybody?

Going off at a tangent...

Let us contemplate the idea that Scotland becomes independent, or despite not being fully independent gained control over their time zone. They then decide to shift their time zone differently to England and Wales. But the MSF transmitter is in England.

Would there be vast numbers of radio-controlled clocks appearing on eBay? With "Item located in Kirkcaldy, Dundee, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, ..."

I can't think of a obvious technical solution unless the clocks are switchable between time sources (as some are). Even then, the switch I have seen is between existing sources - not some new fangled one on a different frequency.

Reply to
polygonum

Sadly, though, this one doesn't.

Reply to
John

Looks like most people are in favour.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Hey guess what? You don't have to listen to complaints! The government oughta just tell them to sod off. Democracy is about majority rule, and farmers are not the majority.

What? Fairness in politics?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

NWWT :-)

I seems to recall hearing about r-c clocks that you can adjust plus or minus an hour (or several hours).

That would be OK if the new time zone was an exact number of hours different, and changed summer/winter time on the same dates. The Scots would be mad to do anything else.

My preference would be for the UK to shift to CET. Without the Scots, if necessary.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

^W^W^W Get a bigger hammer.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

What happened to the days when people knew how to fit their own plugs?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

You'd get a tectonic rift along Hadrian's Wall, are you sure you want to go ahead with this?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I've just sorted mine out, no menu or anything complicated ;)

The clock face/mechanism is held into the case with 4 wire clips. Unclip these from the case (the end closest to you, not the point of the V that presses against the black plastic of the mechanism, you'll see what I mean when you look.

Then I physically moved the hour hand back an hour.

Clips clip back into place.

That's it..

Took me about 2 minutes because I was being careful.

HTH

Reply to
Unclefista

Why let kids ruin it for the rest of us? Especially as they're taken to school by car nowadays anyway.

Oh and they've invented streetlamps by the way.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

They know when to go to sleep - at pasture bedtime

Reply to
ARW

In message , Chris French writes

Well, as it happens, I was sat with the clock nearby, and I thought I've nothing to lose by having a poke about.

The front came off easily , secured with 4 sprung clips.

I pulled off the second hand, but the main hands seem to be on a hexagonal shaft. They wouldn't easily come off anyway. On a whim I just moved the hands back to 11 o'clock and set it off again. Low and behold it now shows the correct time :-)

Actually the minute hand is about 1/4 minute off, but I'm sure I can tweak that if it bothers me.

Presumably that is how they should have been sold.

Reply to
Chris French

There is a setting on both my lidl clocks to set the offset from the German time signal. RTFM to see how to set it as I doubt that yours doesn't also have a setting.

Reply to
dennis

I am imagining Scotland choosing no summer/winter change, changing on different dates, doubled change, or something else that can't ready be handled by the existing simplistic "which transmitter" and "extra hour/minus hour" mechanisms.

Reply to
polygonum

There's a helpline number given at the back of the manual:

0800 5515 6616
Reply to
pamela

???? Do they change the earth rotation

Reply to
F Murtz

So even if you set the time manually, soon enough the clock will adjust itself to German time?

That would mean every clock sold is unsuitable for use in the UK.

Reply to
pamela