Radio controlled clock an hour fast

Have I missed something? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Actually this thread goes back to 2015 as I recall, as I said previously am I missing something here? Has there been a rip in the space time continuum while I had my tea? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Tuned to an extra-planetary time transmission rather than Mainflingen as he thought?

Reply to
Scott

replying to Chris Hogg, tonysuffolk wrote: I've just changed the batteries on my IAN 100706 and it keeps setting the clock an hour early, I don't suppose you know what it says on page 9, Ive lost my instructions

Reply to
tonysuffolk

It is obviously a remainer clock as it's running to Central European Time.

Reply to
harry

Not necessarily, Harry. The IAN 100706 is adjustable.

I didn't see the OP's post, but here's what it says in the instructions about setting the time zone, p.9:

"Press and keep pressing the DOWN* button for about 2 seconds. The time zone symbol F# is displayed. Press and keep pressing the SET** button for about 3 seconds. The hour display flashes. Press the UP*** or DOWN button to set the required hour value. Press the SET button to confirm your setting. NOTE: Press and keep pressing the DOWN button for about 2 seconds to deactivate the time zone function."

  • 4th from the left when viewed from the back.
** 1st on the left when viewed from the back. *** 3rd from the left when viewed from the back. # RHS of top display, viewed from the front, just above the seconds counter.
Reply to
Chris Hogg

It was in the year 5 BB.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It probably is locking onto DCF77 in Germany with a default of CET if it is an Aldi/Lidl special. I have one that does the exactly same every time I replace the batteries in it (not the exact same model).

If it used MSF60 (formerly Rugby) it would be on GMT now.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Aye, looks like four YEARS slow to me.

I didn't think that even harry was dumb enough not to notice the date of the OP, but there again ...

Reply to
Andrew

Before Brexit? Oh, _that_ sort of remainer! LOL! I read it as 'remainder', i.e. a batch of clocks that Lidl was selling off cheap because they weren't adjustable, which I think was what was being discussed in the 2015 post.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY LIDL CLOCK UNTIL I CHANGED THE BATTERIES AND NOW IT JUMPS AN HOUR BUT THERE MUST BE A WAY TO STOP IT BECAUSE ITS NOT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE CHANGED THE BATTERIES

Reply to
lesleypups

HAVE YOU TRIED SETTING THE CORRECT TIMEZONE?

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Have you tried typing like a normal person rather than a demented idiot? All capitals are *not* more legible than mixed case.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I assumed the previous poster was a long distance away as he was shouting so responded likewise.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

He was certainly replying to a post made a long time ago in 2015.

Reply to
Pamela

LOL (or maybe Lol). ;-)

Tim