Radio controlled clock an hour fast

Does this help? Different model, but the works may be similar

The instructions for mine are here

Chris Hogg

And that includes you and your bowels.

Reply to
Adrian

It seems that way!

Could you carefully remove the hour hand and refit it an hour previous? It might be a keyed shaft to ease assembly (no calibration) however if it is just a splined/interference shaft you might be okay.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

We're further north and also further west. Edinburgh is further west than Bristol. The combination makes quite a difference to sunrise.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Howie

In message , Chris Hogg writes

Thanks, but no that doesn't help I'm afraid. (I think I'd found that fixya page before).

That is all for digital clocks, as is yours, mine is analogue and based on a different mechanism (unsurprisingly).

It's ok, AFAICS Lidl have cocked up, I'll take it back in a couple of days.

Reply to
Chris French

You've just proved your intelligence level is too low to participate in an adult discussion.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

It makes it WORSE for us in the evenings. We end up with it getting dark EARLIER than the English. Therefore we should wants the clocks further FORWARDS in winter! I don't care if it's dark for an hour or so when all people are doing is either lying in or driving to work. But most people are at home in the evenings and are stuck in artificially created darkness, it's absurd! Think of the waking hours of most people, why have we put the light part of those hours all at one end?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Quite possibly, but I've got better things to do right now.

Reply to
Chris French

Sounds like it.

Does the clock start at 12, 4, or 8? Could be the hands were put on wrong...?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

In message , Thomas Prufer writes

They start at 12.

However, perusing the Lidl service site, I found the same looking clock sold previously under a different model number.

It says for UK the hands should go to 11 (and for a couple of other countries to 1, presumably as they are an hour ahead)

looks like my clock should have stayed on the mainland :-)

Reply to
Chris French

There are hundreds of these being sold from today - and they're all wrong by an hour. The intructions for this clock make no mention of any means of adjusting it by an hour, and Lidl themselves say they're getting loads of complaints - but have no answer beyond a refund.

They're either very stupid or just assume their customers are stupid enough to put up with defective clocks.

Reply to
John

I don't know about that particular model but on similar clocks I've just prised the "glass" off and moved the hour hand round a bit. It's just a friction fit.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Ah! Problem found.

Maybe they will give you a "goes to 11" one in exchange.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

You would have thought by now, they would have a rotary "offset hours" knob.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Scottish farmers, if I remember correctly.

Do their cows tell the time, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The aldi/lidl clocks often have a UK/CET switch to set the time zone.

Reply to
alan_m

That's illogical. Farmers work whenever it's light. The number on the clock is irrelevant.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Since when did Scots farmers outnumber everyone else in the UK?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I assume that they were supposed to be UK specific ones, and they cocked up somewhere.

I'm mostly just amused by it :-)

Reply to
Chris French