Radiator witt Internal Knock Out .. ???

Guys, Just bought a designer radiator and it look the dogs danglers. Going to fit it this week but in the instructions it says "if valves like this then know out the internal diverter". Valves look like ordinary common or garden rad valves in the black and white diagram. No further explanation given. Picture is a bit unclear and so am I !!! When I look inside the radiator there is a sort of knockout piece ( a bit like the metal bits that you knock out of a electrical wall metal box) exactly half way down the vertical pipe that the rad valve screws into.

What on earth is this knockout piece for? Why would I want to keep it in place. Or why would I?

Thanks for any advice.

KS

Reply to
Kaiser Sose

Could it be you leave the diverter in place if you are using a combined flow/return valve at one end, and knock it out if you are using conventional flow and return valves at opposite ends?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Reply to
Kaiser Sose

Reply to
Kaiser Sose

The spelling we can live with, but not the top posting in this group!

Reply to
John Rumm