Radiator valve caps?

On the radiators in my home, several of the plastic valve caps are either missing, discoloured, or splattered with paint. I would therefore like to replace them (just the plastic tops, not the whole valve)

Trouble is the only place I've seen replacement plastic raditor caps is in Homebase at £3.50 a pair, which is horrendously expensive.

Any suggestions where else I might try?

Reply to
Dark Angel

This question arose a couple of months ago, and I'm sure that someone provided an answer. Google is your friend!

Reply to
Set Square

This came up here a couple of months ago, IIRC with a favourable outcome - worth googling the archives for it?

David

Reply to
Lobster

I'd say eBay. If you can't find any and you're near Middlesex let me know - think I have a few spare somewhere from when I replaced all my rads (every pack contains both a "turnable" and a blank cap). Wickes were good prices for plumbing bits. You could buy the whole valves for cheaper than the Homebase prices!!

al

In packs of 5 from Wickes, I think the whole valve is cheaper, including a knob and cap per valve. Obviously, caps might not fit other valve bodies.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel