Replacement Wheelhead Radiator Valve Caps

I've got a customer who owns a house divided into 6 x 1 bed flats. The top floor flat rad is completely cold. Water comes out of the bleed as usual. The occupants of the other 5 rooms are all complaining that their rads get far too hot.

All the rads seem to have a lockshield on both ends, so can't be adjusted. Why would that be?

I could only check the rad in the flat below the top one, which was red hot, both valve fully open.

Combi boiler pressure was down a little & output set at 56 degrees (LED display).

I reckon the problem is the lack of adjustment on each rad, poor bugger on the top floor is loosing his share of heat to the over hot other 5.

Can you buy replacement wheelhead caps in any of the sheds?

Or is it another problem?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So adjust them with an adjustable wrench to prove this. Turn some rads on the lower floors down to see if you can kick start the top floor.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

The ideal solution would be to balance the heating system then fit TRVs. In this situation it's reasonable to pin the TRVs to a restricted range to prevent room taking on too much heat. An earlier version of which is to provide two lock shields so the inmates (oops I mean) users can tamper with the carefully and skillfully setup heating (yeah right).

In practice all you are going to be allowed to do is to restrict the rads which are too hot. I would check that the radiator at the top is properly on at both ends.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

We sell replacement caps at

thamesideIT