radiator removal

I want to remove a couple of radiators to decorate - I have done it many times and the (Twinfast) valve always leaks a little - but I put a tray under to collect the drips. However, this time we are getting a new, light carpet! I want to blank off the valve outlet where the radiator attaches to reduce the risks.

Question - what do I need to blank off the valve?

Reply to
John

If they're like mine, the thread on the open part of the valve (which normally attaches to the radiator tail) is probably 3/4" BSP. I have some plastic caps with 3/4" BSP threads which protected the inlets to a washing machine during transit. I cut corks to fit the valves, and use the caps to hold them in. I think you can get brass blanking cap-nuts which do the same job - and you could use rubber washers rather than corks inside them.

Reply to
Set Square