Radiant workshop heaters - recommendations?

Well, it's been pretty cold in the workshop today and I've had my balaclava on for most of the time. It's overdue time to get some radiant heaters over the work area - any recommendations?

Reply to
nothanks

I have an adjustable height one on a tall pedestal, I think it's 3 bar (but I think it's less that 1kW/bar) that I've been using when doing stuff at the bench to keep me warm ... and it worked well enough on 1 bar for that (as I've generally got the door open so there is no point trying to heat the workshop up).

The good thing about it being on a pedestal is that it's less likely to set fire to anything on the floor / burn your trousers as you generally feel it on your head quite quickly if you get too close.

With the door shut and on 2 / 3 bars it does warm the whole workshop (20' x 10' pre-fab concrete and no real insulation) but not quickly.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You could use Pig Lamps.

Reply to
jon

Watch telly until April.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Thanks, I hadn't hear of them until now.

Reply to
nothanks

If I watch TV for more than an hour I become convinced that a large percentage of the human race should be culled, especially many of those who haven't yet bred, to try to arrest the decline. Why watch when you can *do* or *learn*?

Reply to
nothanks

jon

Thanks again. Can these hang, safely, from a pendant or do they need a metal plate or reflector above them?

(BTW, here's the missing letter from my earlier reply "d" ;-) )

Reply to
nothanks

MOle Valley farmers country stores used to sell another type of Infra red 'creep' heaters that were made of some sort or ceramic, but I don't think they plugged into an ES or similar fitting.

Reply to
Andrew

And if money is no option -

Andrew