R.I.H. Effing Adaptors

Do you want us to wipe your arse as well?

*You* make your *own* lists of equipment that you own and power supplies that you own. Then match up the voltage and current requirements and the connector shape/size.

Maybe you should make one of the DIY dating sites, you know: 12V 350mA battery charger seeks AC/DC adapter with large plug. GSOH essential.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I agree.

However, the symbol he described is that for DC. A *straight* line above 3 dots.

That symbol does not mean 'rectified AC' to the best of my knowledge. It means 'DC'.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

It's a bit late for that now! Why didn't you label each one when you first got it, like all sensible people do?

Actually, there may be other clues. The makers of the devices to be powered often put their name on the power supply. So, for example, if the power supply says 'Nokia', it's probably for a mobile phone!

Reply to
Roger Mills

It's a bit late for such a sensible suggestion too. Why can't the damned makers put the effing labels on?

So I can rest easy knowing there is no site that enumerates the possibilities of these things?

Kind of restores my faith in humanity. Well, it goes a small way toward amelioration.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

There is no end to the possibilities, no standardisation, no chance of matching them all, and no chance of salvation.

A minority do have makers labels on, but many will be sourced from wherever, and will see use on various products. Hence not much device labelling.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Perhaps we should sit here and keep repeating ourselves endlessly, until someone looks it up.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Every one I've seen is labelled with its output. You've been told what the markings mean, so what's the problem?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Read the rest of the post, the clue is in the bit you snipped. If you need help to fully understand -though why you should want it is beyond me, you could try reading the post that I was replying to.

HTH.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

AIUI:

___ --- Means DC of undefined purity.

^^^ --- Where the carets are actually half-sine waves, means raw rectified AC.

Reply to
Andy Wade