Question

Was she an architect at all? She seemed to have great difficulty with

> visualisation ("Ooh that's smaller than I'd realised" "I didn't realise > it would be that big") which I would have thought was a pre-requisite > for any artichoke. I got the feeling hubby had set her up with an > architectural practice to stop her getting under his feet. > > J.

Can someone confirm that the build would have been largely tax deductable against the profits of the architectural practice as it was being built as a showcase for that practice ? Lots of the builds on "Britain's Best Homos" also featured architects as owner occupiers. If so, this gives some insight why the Dutch Banker may have been prepared to set his wife up in her own practice.

Reply to
Ted Woodley

It would have qualified for a full VAT refund on all materials and labour as it was a conversion to residential. (~£200k)

Reply to
Toby