Query about bathroom tap technology

Hi All, I am presently doing a bit of research into some new taps for my new bathroom an as such had been looking at some "Grohe" taps. The particular question i thinks relates to many tap manufacturers, some taps come with the option to have a "pull out spout with mousseur" , "integrated non-return valve" and a "double protected against backflow ". What if anything anr any of these options used / useful for.

Regards

Seamus mc Loughlin

Reply to
Seamus Mc Loughlin

Tap with a pull-out hose to wash the naughty bits...? The non-return valve is useful to stop pubic-lice getting back into the water supply. :-) afaik it may even be mandatory now in some countries where the hose can dangle in the bath...

Reply to
BillV