Pumping over-report

I thought I would report back on my pumping over problem. Basically, I have a system which is incorrectly plumbed. I have pump, cold feed and safety vent in the flow, rather than cold feed, safety vent and pump. I had the system power flushed on Monday and the filth inside thes system was unbelievable. Loads of dark brown crud. I feel duped by the company that fitted my boiler because they must have known that the plumbing was inappropriate but never said anything. ( I had a new boiler fitted three years ago for the sum of =A31500). They also never told me that the system only had one two port diverter valve, thereby allowing hot water to be constantly activated. The system was also wired for central heating from tyerminal 2 of cylinder stat, thereby by-passing zone valve micro switch. So, all the problems I have had with noise, hammer, overpumping could have been avoided. They took the lazy way out. If they had told me and then I had not had the work done I would only have myself to blame. But, they never said a dicky bird. I have also had remedial work done eg modulating pump fitted and the removal of the sludge appears to have stopped the pumping over. Incidentially, my safety vent pipe is only 14mm rather than the 22mm recommended. So, it has been an expensive week. And if I want to solve the problem for good I need to have a lot of repiping and p-lumbing done which would cost me in the region of =A31500-=A32000. I have an insurance policy with D&G and in the last year I called on them to try and sort the noise in the system. The company they employ is also shoddy and they failed to see the basic faults inherrent in the system. So your insurance is only as good as the company contracted by the insurance company. I now think that paying over =A3200ma year to D&G is a waste of money if their plumbing company is sloppy. Thanks to all those who responded to my earleir message about overpumping.

Reply to
wd.t