PU foam and PVC

Does PU foam react with PVC? I have a hole with a cable passing through it that I need to fill and it would be handy to use PU foam.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

To be on the safe side wrap bacofoil around the cable.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

AFAIK no, but it affects the thermal characteristics of the cable.

Polystyrene, OTOH, apparently does react adversley.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Virgin seem to have used some kind of silicon Sealant where their cable comes through the wall. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I know that PU foam does not affect uPVC but with cables using a more flexible type of PVC I was just wondering if it has the same effect as polystyrene?

The hole I am trying to fill without making a job of it is a ceiling hole where previously a rosette was. Although the lamp fitting I am putting there will cover the hole there is still a layer of the original vermiculate insulation below the rock wool and the stuff seems to fall through even the slightest of gaps especially with a bit of wind!

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I hope not as

I've squirted all my ceiling cable entries in similar circumstances.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog