DIY: Does PU foam react with PVC cables

I need to block up some holes through which some cables pass through, PU foam would be a quick and dirty way to do it. I was just wondering if PU reacts with PVC similarly to polystyrene?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

It's used with PVC windows, etc, so will rather obviously stick to it. But don't think it dissolves it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No, but it does thermally insulate the cables if cable rating is important.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

True - but a short insulated section doesn't have any significant effect as the heat can conduct lengthways.

Reply to
Tim Watts