Pros and Cons of Steel Vs Acrylic baths

Looking for a short bath 1600mm, found a couple, It seems that steal is the cheaper.

What are the advantages of Steel over Acrylic.

Thanks

df

Reply to
df

Forget it Ive found it wasnt googling properley.

Thanks

df

Reply to
df

But acrylic is legal :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Well do tell, what's the answer?! I'd say:

-Less likely to get scratched and retain finish for longer

-Neater shape as no need to design in reinforcing ribs (unless thick acrylic)

- but -

-Cold to climb into

-Prone to chipping if bashed

-Lose heat more quickly when soaking

-Bit more awkward to fit as they don't include timber strips to screw into

FWIW, I was also in the market for a 1600mm steel bath and got one from

which was reccommended in this ng: I can certainly pass on the reccommendation. About 110 GBP delivered IIRC.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I suppose you could fill the gap underneath with expanding foam - like you would fill a canoe for bouyancy............................

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I couldn't find the story on the BBC website yesterday but a joiner in Lerwick was killed by a cylinder of expanding foam on a building site, according to the radio news.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I tried that with my bath before installing it, but the gap filling foam sold in sheds has next to no adhesive quality so falls off. ISTR that the foam used on HW cylinders is a two-part foam

Reply to
Tony Bryer