Problems with Central heating.

Hi all,

Problems!! We had the power off earlier to fix a wall light problme (see earlier post!). Now the bloody central heating doesn't work.

We have a Bosch highflow 400 combi. The whole thing lights up ok, and I can hear encouraging noises (like the sound of wter etc etc) coming from it but there is no hot water or central heating. If I touch the pump I can feel that it is working and the "demand" light is on.

I guess (probably wrongly) that the pilot light has gone out. I folled the instructions and turned it of at the mains, turned it back on again, turned it all to high, and the pilot should have lit. You cant see the pilot so there is no way to see if it worked.

Given that the water and the CH have packed up, i'm guessing that it is something gas related rather than a mechanical (diverter etc) problem.

Can anyone wiser than me shed any light??

Pass the blanket.....

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

You really have no way of observing the pilot light? no push button to create the spark to light it? - Never seem a system like that before - I'll leave this to the experts!

Reply to
Wdyw

No, unfortunately not, it even states in the manual that you cannot see the pilot light on the "fanned" model, but can on the "open & balanced flue" versions.

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Doh!!! RTFM Hibbert, I just found in the manual that in the event of a power failure while the boiler is firing then the automatic cut off may need resetting. It did!

thanks anyway, but all sorted now...

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

You'll find that this is very common (i.e. almost universal) on recent boilers.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle