Printer recommendation?

Thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

I've just been looking at both of these. The TS705 is widely available and is very reasonably priced at under £60, but the ink cartridges are eye-wateringly expensive, with even the non-Canon ones starting at considerably more than the cost of the printer.

Cartridges for the iP7250 are way cheaper but, as you say, the model is now withdrawn. I hoped I might find a retailer with some stock remaining, but no luck so far.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Have you looked at Morgan Computers? They give free printers if you buy their cartridges.

Reply to
charles

I haven't, but I shall. Thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Given genuine carts can cost many many time that of pattern ones - and no discernibly difference in print quality - why not just set a reminder to print something once a week? You'll still be quids in, even with that waste of ink and paper.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Several on ebay, including some new ones from Germany for ~£150.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Thanks. I didn't see the new ones when I checked. That's almost three times the price of a UK retailer's TS705: I'm leaning towards one of those in the expectation (or at least the hope) that third-party cartridges will eventually come down in price to something nearer the levels of those for earlier Canon models.

Reply to
Bert Coules