Printer dilemma ..

Rob Griffiths wrote :-

The reason I wouldn't go with the ip5000 is, using compatable carts the extra fine printhead may be more prone to clogging If you truely want lab quality photos then the epson 800 (iirc) 8 colour m/c is without doubt the best and can be had for less than 200 quid Regarding multi colour carts wasting ink, obviously if your printing consists of images rich in one colour then this will happen (@ £3 a cart on my epson its no problem), but with my canon I find they all run out more or less together which is a pain because you have a period when you are continually changing carts with a few prints inbetween. Tim - if you dont like the ip4000, get in touch and i'll buy it off you (2nd hand = half price) :-)

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Ok Jeff .. well if 'I don't like it' you might have to catch it in the small time interval between our front window and the pavement ;-)

(that will probably be 20 seconds after the first clogged print head so look out for the 'Why I wish I'd stayed with HP' posting) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

On 7 Feb 2005 23:21:38 GMT, "Bob Eager" strung together this:

That tray doesn't get used all that often, only when I'm having a random bash at duplex printing, (which way round was it again!).

Well, they were just 'fillers' anyway.

Ah, OK then. Wondered which two those were.

No, but I've only got the one toner and I don't fancy buying another just yet.

Sounds like mine, usually does that or occasionally jams as it's exiting the lower tray. I might just go for the ones from PSA then, I just thought that the ones from eBay wuld be OTT, but sure to replace the parts required plus some more.

Reply to
Lurch