Priming a adiator with light rust + to gloss or satin it ?

I've got a radiator, all rubbed down and coated with hammerite rust primer. Shoudl I just top coat it with some raditor glos or sating or should I build up the primer with some high buld primer that I have laying around ?

Also wondering if I should gloss it or satin finish it ?

Appreciate any advice...welcomed.

Reply to
Stephen

We've lived in 3 houses over almost 40 years (in total!) in each of which I have used only regular gloss paint on radiators to good effect. The current house (27 years old) which we have lived in from new has had some of the radiators painted twice in that time, purely due to paint chips as a result of kids and in the kitchen where one has suffered the usual knocks from various activities. I wish you hadn't reminded me - that one needs repainting - having clothes hangers dangling over it seems to have an affect!

I've no reason to change my practice.

Reply to
Clot

Similar experience with me - I remove them - rub with wet&dry - lay them flat to paint them with ordinary gloss - it seems to stay white if the paint is good.

Reply to
John