Price of Optex AX-70TN outdoor IR beams

CPC and Rapid don't sell them so I had a look on Amazon. £123. Oh dear. So I had a look at a few suppliers of security equipment. The price was around £86 everywhere.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Are they gold plated? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

This solar powered one is cheaper:

jon

Try this one: shorturl.at/iAHZ0

Reply to
jon

You can edit an Amazon link a bit, your own self.

*******

As for the originally linked item, it's a Japanese product, which is a synchronous detector and has four channels. This means you can operate multiple pairs in close proximity, without interaction between them. There's a switch for channel selection (so each pair can be switched to their own channel).

The Amazon one, does not list an operating principle. There is no "hint" as to how sophisticated the receiver is.

Neither product is completely transparent about how it works, but the original item hints it's not just a cheap LED and photodiode pair. With a modulation pattern, it's harder to fool a unit into thinking the beam is not broken. If the receiver is saturated with a strong light source, the receiver on the original item could indicate a "tamper" condition if that happens. Whereas unsophisticated designs (the one a hobbyist would make), would likely not know the difference between "saturation" and "proper beam received".

Paul

Reply to
Paul