Price increases

We should all brace ourselves for some hefty price increases on imported goods. The dollar being the main currency used to pay for imports is going to start having an impact pretty soon. With all this talk of leaving the EEC Sterling is really suffering on the exchange markets.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Muddymike scribbled

We've always been ripped off buying goods from the US and many other countries.

Reply to
Jonno

Muddymike scribbled

Its imports form China that are mostly effected!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Sterling is now recovering. Having seen exchange rates between 1.2 and 2 $ to the pound, I just sit tight and wait for the correction. As the Euro is headed for the floor again, Brexit will have only a positive effect for the UK IMO.

Reply to
Capitol

Agreed, but probably the pound will become too strong if anything after an exit IMO., that's a far more likely scenario.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Just what's needed, then. BMWs will become nice and cheap and flood the country - while Minis will cost so much in the EU a Merc will be cheaper.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dear oh dear. There's no pleasing some people.

Reply to
Tim Streater