Preventing rot to swing seat

We've bought a shiny new swinging seat for the back garden to replace the previous one which rotted away in the end.

It is sat upon flags and will be outdoors most of the year (we may bring it in over winter, depends how much space there is in the garage!!)

I'd ideally like to protect the feet somehow from sitting in water. The flags will drain properly, but I was wondering whether sticking some brass bolts into the underside of the feet to raise it up slightly would have any descernible benefit?

Or any alternatives?

Ideas gratefully received!

Matt

Reply to