Pressurized Boilers and removing the pressure relief valve

I have a friend that has just done this. He knows this isn't a good idea, but I don't think he realizes JUST how much of a bad idea it is. He only needs the boiler to fail on, and for the thermal cut-out to fail, and he will be an ex-friend.

Does anyone have the link to the report on the fishing vessel that was sunk by this sort of failure?

I have tried googling for it, but failed miserably.

Thanks!

Reply to
Martin Bonner