Pressure too high

The pressure on my SIME Super Combination Boiler is on 3.5 currently, it should be 1.5. How I can get it down?

I also have another problem in that one of the radiators is not emitting any heat. I have bled it but it didn't make any difference. Suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Many thanks

Gill

Reply to
Gill F

After you bled the radiator, did you refill the system properly? You say the pressure should be 1.5 Bar, but is that when hot or cold?

The radiator could simply be turned off at one of the valves. Turn the valves fully open, the same way you turn on a normal sink tap. If you have a thermostatic valve fitted on one side, then make sure it is at its maximum heat setting of 5.

Reply to
BigWallop

See FAQ.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

There may be something wrong with your system. How did the pressure get so high?

Possible reasons I can think of:

  1. You filled it up too high.
  2. You left the filling loop connected and the valves are leaking/not closed
  3. There is a leak in the heat exchanger that is allowing high pressure mains water into the central heating loop.
  4. You have measured the pressure when the system is hot and the pressure vessel is shot/uninflated.

Unless you know (1) applies, you may have some fixing to do. To reduce the pressure, you need to get water out of the system. Find a drain point, attach a hose and let the water flow.

Also, the pressure relief should usually operate at 3 bar and dump water out of the tube, but I suppose it could be set at 3.5 bar in this case.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle