Preparation for Coving

Hi all

Just had the builders in doing a refurb job on the back room! Is it necessary/advisable to prep surfaces prior to coving? Walls are fresh skim over existing cement backing and finish. Ceilings are new board and fresh skim. Completed over a week ago so all dried out OK.

Intend to use plaster coving and Gyproc adhesive or similar.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Get it on now Phil. This is the perfect time to do it. Just do it the way you say above. Perfect.

Reply to
BigWallop

Gyproc is good - avoid Wickes coving adhesive. I used this when I ran out of gyproc & couldn't believe how bad it is - like porridge. Your finish should be ideal. One very dry surfaces I use a damp cloth to moisten the plaster first otherwise it can suck all the water out of the adhesive too quickly (but again, that was probably just the Wickes stuff).

Reply to
Pufter

There is nothing wrong with Wickes coving adhesive, pretty much the same as the BG equivalent. Actualy its better because if you use it and you fk up it can all be blamed on Wickes.

Reply to
madmax