Powered ethernet cable to shed ?

Brilliant info..filed for future use

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The idea is the plugs are spaced-out at the end so they'll pass into a box through a gland opening, the box effectively has back to back fibre connectors (e.g. LC) in it, you plug the pre-terminated fibre to the inside, and you plug your end device to the outside

Andy Burns

Forgot to mention, that's regular fibre. If you want to bury I'd look at armoured, eg:

it's more robust when poking down a duct and less attractive to rodents etc. It isn't fully waterproof so I'd try and have the duct terminate above the water table. They also do a direct burial version that is waterproof:
(FiberStore is where we get all our datacentre cabling from)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Now it makes sense!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Even if the cable is in a conduit, outdoor cable filled with oil or petroleum gel to prevent damp diffusing in and impairing it should be used.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I didn't have another bit of string handy.

It'll only be a problem if I want to add, not replace, the existing cable. And then AIUI you blow a bit of paper through with a vacuum cleaner.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris