Power Flushing machine

I am going to buy a power flushing unit.

I will use it for my house that has 25 radiators over four floors.

Which model is better?

The Sentinel Jetflush 4 or the Kamco Clearflow CF90?

I know how to use the Sentinel Jetflush 4, I don't know the Kamco but I assume it should be similarly operated.

Thanks,

Antonio

Reply to
asalcedo

Do you really need to *own* it in order to flush your system once every 10 years? Or are you planning to recoup the cost by hiring it out?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Easiest way to get a reference might be to ring some hire companies and ask if they have flushers and casually ask the make. If one you are interested in comes up, then it must be a fair product.

Reply to
EricP

Then hire it, don't buy it.

Reply to
Onetap

Even cheaper to use inhibitor and remove the need for flushing ever again.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Spot on matey. Any piece of kit that survives in the hire trade has to be good. Hence the reason most will sell DeWalt but only hire out Makita & Bosch.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

At over a grand? Are you having a giraffe?

If you are serious, I have a unique multi channel marketing opportunity you might like.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Although it can be done a bit cheaper, a proper power flush costs near £1000 all inclusive.

That's about the same price the machine costs.

I need to do a power flush now. So I buy the machine, do a power flush better than most would do it because I will do it with care and time, and then sell it. If it does not sell for a good price I keep it, no problem. In 4 years' time I do the flushing again.

I haven't been able to locate this machine in the hire shops yet.

Reply to
asalcedo

I detect a "Plan" for making money here

Reply to
RW

And I've got a London Bridge going cheap...

Reply to
Steve Walker

My system is near 30 years old and never been power flushed. Or needed it. Those that do have been poorly maintained.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , asalcedo writes

Kamco used to rent them out

might be another avenue to investigate

Whereabouts are you ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , RW writes

its been discussed before

things like breakages and liability insurance spoilt the party

Reply to
geoff

Thank you for the tip. I will contact Kamco and see if they rent them out.

I live in London.

My system has not been maintained in many years. Probably 12 to 15 years.

My two 15 year-old Vokera boilers went due to very dirty water. Two new Worcester boilers are just in.

A professional powerflush was carried out before the new boilers but, was not done very well and the system was still not compliant in terms of turbidity, total dissolved solids, iron, copper, inhibitor, scale, etc. according to a Sentinel System check

Now that I know the principles behind, I want to get it right and just treat the system with inhibitor when needed.

Reply to
asalcedo

In message , asalcedo writes

They are in Park Street on the A5 just north of Radlett

NSEW ?

I do have a Kamco machine

Reply to
geoff

Would that be a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it & call it a weasel?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No, no. That would be stoatally different.

Derek

Reply to
Derek