power cut

I am using a Samsung 22 inch HD TV as a monitor. All I see is clear blue sky !.

I've been thinking about a new TV then I can re-purpose the 32 inch iiYama HD+ monitor for my PC.

I don't need a massive one, 42/43 would be fine, but even 50 inch TV's are a silly price now but I only watch freeview HD and SD so there must be an optimum size for just watching HD.

Reply to
Andrew

Rural you quite often get 3 lines only on the core distribution routes with villages (like mine) supplied by a pair of phases. Farms wanting three phase supply have been quoted usurious sums of money to get it.

Most have opted for having their own 3 phase diesel generator which doubles as an emergency PSU in the now rather too common power cuts. This confused the hell out of the clueless muppets sent out to fix things during Northern Powergrid's storm Arwen meltdown.

Depends how good your eyesight is and viewing distance. You can as an alternative get fairly expensive for what they are binocular style glasses that make TV's look much bigger for those with failing sight.

A friend has just opted for a 75" set QD capable that will in all probability only ever display HD images. Their eyesight isn't great and they have a fairly large room. New OLED sets are incredibly thin!

Reply to
Martin Brown

16"? HP L1706 here but they are only just visible.
Reply to
Tim Lamb

I can see them clearly on my 2009 vintage Dell.

Reply to
Tim Streater

There is no optimum size, it depends on how far trom the TV you are.

Reply to
Jamesy

Microseconds would you believe. They put their servers as close as possible to reduce time of flight delays!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Heres a site that shows most all of the licensed microwave radio links in the UK and if you look and scroll round to the Thames estuary to the nearer part of Europe you'll see lots of links the Microwave radio is a fraction faster than fibre optic..

Thats chasing the money!

Takes a little getting used to it was written in French!

Scroll into the Green links, theres lot of them!

Reply to
tony sayer