Power Craft router table electrical safety

I got one Lidl's Power Craft router tables a while back and have just started using it (floppy fence but not bad).

It has power feed through to the router, 13A plugged lead in with 13A socket out, controlled by emergency stop style power switch.

Trouble is there is no earth continuity between input and output (2 core flex), if you use a Class 1 (earthed) product[1] on the socket output then it has no earth.

The 'appliance' is described as Class 2 (no earth) but I'd have thought that what is essentially a glorified extension lead should have earth continuity.

Any regs broken here d'ya think?

There are no warnings to use only Class 2 accessories and no warnings not to use the power feed to power an extension block (which I would probably do to sync the extractor power to the router).

[1] Can't think of the last time saw a Class 1 power tool or extractor vacuum but it's possible I suppose.
Reply to
fred

certainly

NT