Potterton Prima 80F Boiler Problem

Hi Folks,

The boiler pilot lights but the boiler fails to go all guns blazing. I replaced the 3 Port motorised valve and pump a couple of weekends ago. Filled up and everything was working fine.

Now the boiler just seems to cut out. Pilot stays on though. If I turn everything off and restart, it'll fire up for about 5 minutes and then die on me again.

Any ideas. Cannot find any manuals on potterton site so don't know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reply to
koolio

IIRC these boilers are overgrown "neataheats". The pilot flame works on a phial+capilliary tube which moves the gas valve to the full rate. Very like many ovens work.

These symptoms probably don't indicate a bad gas valve (although that could be a cause), it's possible that when the boiler warms up the pilot does not heat the phial enough?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

replying to koolio, Sean wrote: its so easy to fix. it will takes you 5 min.

Reply to
Sean

Lol, says the one replying to a 14 year old message!

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes interesting really. Now the small amount of coding required in the web site to mask out old years seems to be of no interest to anyone. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

home owners hub would see it as not in their interest to filter out any eyeballs seeing their junk.

Reply to
Andy Burns