Potterton Boiler Problem?

I have a Potterton Flamingo II boiler, which i realise is getting on a bit now, but it has developed a slight problem.
The thermostat dial ranges from 1 to 4. If i keep the setting between 1 and 2 everything is ok but anywhere beyond this and the pilot light keeps going out. It'll fire up just once then seems to blow out. Is this a problem with thermostat itself. If so where can I get parts.
Thanks Paul
On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 06:16:01 -0800, rph_999 wrote:

This is a low tech boiler with an over heat cut out on the pilot.
If the "1" or "2" setting is adequate then leave it on low and organise the replacment of the main thermostat. The t/stat has become increasingly insensitive of the years.
If "1" or "2" is not warm enough then the over heat stat has become too sensitive and should be replaced.
You get the parts either online or at a boiler spares shop. Shoudl not be more than £20 in either case.
Many Thanks Ed