Posting pictures for this NG

I usually use PhotoBucket but have had complaints about the level of advertising.

I have seen Adam post pictures on John's web site.

I used to have a login but can't seem to find any login prompt (probably looking at the wrong bit of the site).

Any guidance?

I am about to post a couple of pictures on behalf of a friend who is looking at a house to purchase and I would like help in identifying the boiler and some fuse boxing etc.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Dropbox can be handy for that sort of thing. example below

whisky-dave

Dropbox. Use the 'share' facility, then 'create a link', then 'copy link'. Paste the link here, thus:

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

You are teaching your students to use apostrophes incorrectly.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Look up imgur and there are a few others ,Photobucket is one of the worst most intrusive bit of junk there is.

Reply to
FMurtz

It's a total mess these days - and now wants to charge you to display embedded stuff on a website. Rather a lot of money.

ImgBB seems to do the same job as Photobucket once did and for free.

I've no objection to ads on a free site provided they don't stop its normal use. After all it has to be paid for somehow.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd happily have paid a reasonable sum to continue using it as before. But the amount they ask for is unbelievable. And would be most surprised if many pay it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dropbox free works for me. Phone also auto uploads to it so no fannying around with that side, just log in via desktop browser and create a share link to whichever pick you like. No adverts or spam etc. Just need to occasionally archive your pictures to your p.c. and empty dropbox folder when the free edition runs out of space. Forced organisation of pictures once a year isn't a bad thing anyway. You can always "refer a friend" and get more free space apparently with a link like this:

www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Its not really "my" web site as such... I just stroke its buttons from time to time!

(there is a link there to reset your password)

If you can't remember your user id, then it will be one of these:

and if that don't do it, drop me an email with the username you want, and I will create a new account for you.

Reply to
John Rumm

Takes about two minutes to set up an account and you can password protect albums if you like.

Reply to
Max Demian

Dropbox because you can make the link an auto downloading one by changing the 0 at the end of a link to 1 and then nobody sees adverts as it goes straight to the downloader when clicked on.

Hear is an audio file done this way.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I?m still traumatised after seeing it.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

poster%20A4.pdf?dl=0

Tinypic gone out of favour then?

Reply to
stuart noble

ter%20A4.pdf?dl=0

For soldering I think there should be a sink in the room. The best example I have of the need is my own stupidity. A pupil offered me a wind vane he h ad been brazing. He was holding it in tongs, "It did not work Sir" he said. It was black with scale. I absently took a hold of it to see three puffs o f steam come off the three fingers that were now touching it. Luckily the s ink was right behind me. I kept my finger tips under the water until the co ld was more painful than the burn. A section of fingerprint was burnt off e ach digit, but once my fingers warmed up there was no pain, no blistering.

Reply to
misterroy

Please have a look at the group alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe

Reply to
Dave W

Do you have video of that? ;>

Reply to
Richard

poster%20A4.pdf?dl=0

That's the spirit get it talked about. You should have seen the fuss the studetns made when I put the lab open and close times upside down on the door, nearly every student noticed it. That's almost unheard of.

Reply to
whisky-dave

oster%20A4.pdf?dl=0

I agree and there was until 'managment' had it removed so a workbench could be put in it's place.

me a wind vane he had been brazing.

We don;t do any brazing in an electonics lab, or boiling or roasting for th at matter.

As we all should do ;-)

hold of it to see three puffs of steam come off the three fingers that wer e now touching it. Luckily the sink was right behind me. I kept my finger t ips under the water until the cold was more painful than the burn. A sectio n of fingerprint was burnt off each digit, but once my fingers warmed up th ere was no pain, no blistering.

I would think about 25mins of cold running water would do the trick. If it were a student then I'd be tempted to put their head underwater too ;

-)

Presently we don't have a sink, we don't even have proper access to toilets and I need to use my access card so the students can get to the graduate c entre as that is the nearest place to get clean water and toilet facilities .

We have told them what we want in the new lab which we might get this year I said I wanted a sink with both hot and cold water amonsted other things.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Whenever I've thought it useful to publish pictures to illustrate a problem or question in this newsgroup, I've just used the free webspace allowed by my provider, Zen. I use WS_FTP (the free version) to upload to the webspace. And now I've got a fancy new camera, the pics are going to be even better in future!

By the way, the sewage plant replacement is coming along nicely and I've taken a few pics of the massive new tank (3.5 tonnes in weight, empty). Should be finished by the end of April and we won't need to hold it in any longer.

MM

Reply to
MM

That's good if you've got it, but most ISPs don't include webspace (or even email) for customers these days.

Reply to
Andy Burns