Polishing up varnished kitchen units

Maybe the OP is savvy and renting it out.

Reply to
ARW

Maybe the OP is somewhere not in the south-east, where houses don't sell within hours for silly money.

I reckon I've got 12 years at current rate of depreciation until I'm in negative equity on this place.

Admittedly the DIY hasn't helped. This was a nice flat when I bought it. Even had a kitchen and no holes in the ceiling.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Holes in the ceiling are a selling point.

Reply to
ARW

Nothing you can do in an hour will make much difference. Wax will not shine it up or keep water out. It will just make it waxy, and impossible to refinish later. TW

Reply to
TimW

DW and I put on a liberal coating of the oil from Lakeland this morning, and it looks an awful lots better. The wood had really dried out.

I'm still waiting for the Renuwell renovation stuff to come from Germany.

Reply to
GB

Let me know if I f*ckd up recommending it...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

No f*ck up. It sounds like excellent stuff. The only problem is that the carriage from Germany for just one bottle more than doubles the price.

Reply to
GB

or better still, Try before buying :-)

Reply to
Andrew

May we infer that MIL fancies a new kitchen?

Reply to
Jim K..

Yes - ideally waiting until after she's popped her clogs.

Two old birds with one stone?

Reply to
Jim K..

Subtle measuring & numbering of certain doors whilst whistling & smiling nonchalantly if not suspiciously?

Actually that could be easily disguised as part of the ostensive (cough) "improvements"....

I suppose a lifesize Sharpie outline along a worktop might be a touch too obvious ?

Reply to
Jim K..

Caveat matrimonium :-)

Reply to
Jim K..

Absolutely!

Occasionally there can also be overlooked, low mileage, well speced older models available for tempting deals - if your garage is big enough you could even have both...

Be aware of the extra servicing & repair costs mind...

Reply to
Jim K..

Or possibly an Escort or two.

Hope they all get them out for an "Italian tune up" once a month (or maybe more for those with the time & energy) just to keep the essential fluids moving & the cobwebs & mildew at bay...

Reply to
Jim K..

Watch out for crabbing afterwards!

Reply to
Jim K..

Give it a week while the "wipe over with a bit of Mr Sheen" fails to tick the old bat's box (as it were)...

Reply to
Jim K..

I think I would have sold the house by now...

Reply to
Jim K..

Ducting for the "grow room"?

Reply to
Jim K..

A thrifty "between tenants" kitchen tart over?

Mind if the 30 y.o. ply kitchen is anything to go by, I still would have sold it years ago, as is or done up properly...

Reply to
Jim K..

For sure ! :-)

Reply to