Ply strips in futon

Hi, I have a folding metal framed futon/bed settee. The metal frame holds severl ply wood strips which support the mattress. I need to replace a couple of these strips that have split, Its 8mm thick , with veneer face on it, does anybody know if its a special type of ply is used in beds/bed settees ? or can I just get some 8mm ply cut to size ?

thanks nige

Reply to
Nigel Booth

Hi,

If some flexibility is needed beech ply might be best:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C