Ply instead of roofing felt?

They are errecting a timber frame building near us and the roof appears to be ply (or similar wood board). This will be a warm roof as the loft area will be habitable. Is this normal? I don't recall seeing this before but then I don't haunt new builds ;-)

The wooden boarding has been up for a while but there is no sign yet of anything going on top.

Google suggests that this may be a Scottish way of doing things.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Could be. If so then it is called Sarking. It would be followed by undertile felt, then.... (nowadays) battens, counterbattens, nailed tiles. or (olden days) no battens, knock nibs off tiles, and fully nail into Sarking. Fully means, two nails per tile into Sarking. This is like my 1935 house on the coast, typical in Scotland. The winds and rain can be very strong and penetrating.

Reply to
Olav M